Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – This is to inform all 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 graduands of the Ahmadu Bello University. their, Parents/Guardians and the General Public that activities marking the 38th Convocation Ceremony are scheduled to hold on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th January, 2016.
I.) Programme of EventsDay 1: Friday 29th January, 2016:
- Event: Convocation Lecture
- Alh. Aliko Dangote, GCON. President, Dangote Group
- Chairman: Sarkin Kano, AIh. Muhammadu Sanusi II, CON
- Time: 4:00pm
- Venue: Mamman Kontagora Square, ABU Main Campus, Samaru, Zaria. Continue after the slice…..
Day 2: Saturday 30th January, 2016:
- Event: Conferment of first Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Higher Degree
- Time: 10:00am
- Venue: Mamman Kontagora Square, ABU Main Campus, Samaru, Zaria.
II.) Notice to Graduand
Academic gown and order of proceedings are to be collected by all graduands from Monday 25th to Friday 20th January, 2016 as scheduled below:
- First Degree: To collect from their Faculty Officers upon the payment of Five Hunderd (500) naira only at the ABU Micro-finance Bank , Samaru and Kongo Campuses
- Postgraduate:To collect at the School of Postgraduate Studies upon the payment of One Thousand (N1,000) Naira only.
- Graduands of the Postgraduate programmes who wish to own the academic gowns could purchase them upon the payment of sixty-five thousand (N65,000) Naira only per gown. Payment is to be made at the Cash Office, Ground Floor, Senate Building. Payment receipts would then be produced at the Academic Office, 1st Floor, Senate Building for collection of the gown.
- All robed graduands are to assemble at their designated Faculty stands on the day of the convocation by 7:00 am for the procession.
- No graduand will be allowed into the Convocation Square after the procession.
III.) Accreditation of Journalists
All Journalists who wish to cover the Convocation Ceremony are to be accredited by the Public Affairs Directorate on Thursday 28th January, 2016; between 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Graduands, their Parents/Guardians and the General Public are to note that in order to ensure adequate security, the following measures are taken:
- Luggage and bags are not allowed into the Convocation Square
- University security personnel will direct guests to designated parking lots
- Car stickers will be provided alongside invitation cards to indicate parking lots
- Hawkers and vendors of any item will not be allowed around the Convocation area,
- The University Management and its Community appreciate your presence at the 38th Convocation Ceremony and wish you safe journey to and from your destinations.